Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thirsty or Just Dry?

What a wonderful expression to God.

You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

Psalm 63:1-4

I am deeply challenged by there words from the Song Writer. Do I earnestly search for God? Do I truly thirst for Him? Like the dry and parched land longs for water? Or am I more like the West Coast where we know the land needs water, but we would be hard pressed to call it longing and thirsty for moisture.

My prayer is that my desire for God will continually grow.

No comments: