Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hate To Wait

David begins Psalm 27 with:

"The LORD is my light and my salvation - Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life -
of whom shall I be afraid?"


Then he ends the Psalm with

"Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD."


I have to admit that one of the hardest things to do in life - especially in our world of instant everything - is to wait. I suspect that I am not alone in this. We get so impatient and we expect God to step in and bring deliverance and relief immediately. We get sick and we want to be healed instantly - or sooner if possible. We struggle with relationships and we want resolution ASAP.

And much of our impatience is due to fear. Fear of all the "what if's" that we come up with.

It seems to me that David had some idea of what he was talking about in the Psalm. He affirms strong confidence in the rescue that God will bring and he ends with the admonition (maybe a reminder to himself) to wait for God. To be strong and wait for God.

No comments: