Saturday, April 07, 2012

Silent Saturday

Saturday! Passover! Sabbath! Silence!

Shock! Disbelief! It's Over!

I wonder what was going through the minds of the followers of Jesus on this day? They had witnessed the execution of their leader. Their mentor! They had given their lives to follow him and his cause. Now he was dead! Now what?

We so quickly want to pass over this day. Because of what Christ accomplished on the cross we don't mind celebrating Good Friday. But then we want to rush to Sunday morning so we can celebrate the resurrection of Jesus. But there WAS the painful, confused waiting on Saturday, the Sabbath. But what were they waiting for?

This morning as my wife and I were sitting at the breakfast with our daughter we reflected on what the women must have been going through. Why did they not abandon Jesus like the men? Was it because of the value that Jesus had brought to these women?

What value had Jesus brought to us?

Then Paul Baloche's song "To The Cross" came on the playlist we were listening to. Here are the words...

You stretched Your arms out wide
I lift my hands up high to my Savior
You stretched Your arms out wide
I lift my hands up high to my Savior

Where can I go but to the cross
To the cross
For there my shame You have washed away
Where can I go but to the cross
To the cross
For there You gave up Your life for me
You gave Your life for me

So Lord I run to the cross
To the cross
Surrender all to my Savior King
Be my ev'rything

Chains are broken
Shame has fallen
All my sins are gone
Chains are broken
Shame has fallen
All my sins are gone

© 2009 Integrity Worship Music | Leadworship Songs | Sony/ATV Timber Publishing | West Main Music | Windsor Hill Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing) | (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing) | (Admin. by Sony/ATV Sounds LLC) | (Admin. by Sony/ATV Sounds LLC) | (Admin. by Sony/ATV Sounds LLC)
Jason Ingram | Paul Baloche

And... It's NOT over! It is just the beginning! But for now, we wait...

No comments: