Thursday, April 26, 2012

Reference Letters

As a pastor, I am often asked to fill out reference forms. Sometimes I know the person very well and feel I can give a fairly accurate reference. At other times I don't know the person well at all and the reference becomes more symbolic than useful.

I have had to give references at various times. Of course, I hope that those I choose will give a good reference - thought I DO want them to be truthful.

The best letters of reference I could ever get are seeing lives changed as a result of my input into their lives. When I see that, I really don't care what people write down on paper, or communicate over the phone.

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone.  You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
- 2 Corinthians 3:1-3

This is so cool!! 

No comments: