Thursday, April 05, 2012

Counting Down

I wonder if Jesus counted down the days? I do. Like - it is only 22 days until our daughter Liesel leaves to go back to Dublin, Ireland. I am surprised at how this is a bit more traumatic for me than I expected. I am sure she won't mind leaving this kind of weather.

April 4th snowfall in Didsbury
I am sure Jesus didn't have to worry about weather like that - whether he was counting down or not.

Today marks the day when Jesus met together with his disciples for one last meal together. This was the evening when one of his close group would sell him out to the highest bidder. It was the night when one of them would deny he knew Jesus. Three times! It was the night he humbly knelt in front of each of them and washed their feet. It was the night he knew was coming.

It is the night which included the greatest despair and eventually brought about what gives us the greatest hope possible. When Jesus died on the cross to pay for our sins. So that we (including you) might have all our sins forgiven and we can be restored to the relationship God intended from the start. So that we can look forward to eternity without the boundaries, restictions and pain that we experience in life on this earth.

No comments: