Monday, April 14, 2014

Uncomfortable Fireside

Sitting around the fire. Trying to keep warm in the evening chill. Hoping to blend in. Sounds good.

But then it happens. Somebody notices you. "Weren't you with 'him'?"

Embarrassed, "Of course not!" Phew, managed to escape that one.

Not gain! "Hey, you over there. You are one of 'them'!"

Chills run down you as you quickly reply, "No way! I'm not!" You sure hope you sound convincing enough that they will leave you alone.

You panic when a third one exclaims, "You ARE one of them! You were with 'him.' I'm sure of it!"

Frantically you curse and exclaim, "Absolutely not! I am not one of THEM! And I don't know this man you are talking about! I've never seen him before!"

And then you hear it. Just the way he said it would be. It can't be coincidence. Guilt, fear, shear inner pain! You stumble outside and weep! How could you? You swore you wouldn't. Yet you did. And the look on his face!

What would you do? What would I do? What do we do when we do the same thing, just in a different way in a different setting?

Thank God for Friday - and Sunday!!

No comments: