Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ignoring the Miraculous

Luke 22:1 - 23:49 - What a powerful passage. Go ahead and read it. Listen to it. It needs no comment from me. So many thoughts run through my mind as I read this passage.

What was the High Priest thinking? He orders Jesus arrested. He is present and central in the arrest. In the thick of it he someone slices off his ear. "See, this fellow is dangerous!" But then what? The very fellow he is arresting reaches out and - what? Heals his ear!! You would think that would be enough to change the High Priest's mind and he would release Jesus. But no! Just like many of us, he was so intent on his mission and pursuing what he had always thought was right that he could not see God's miraculous intervention - even when it happened to him.

And then, Jesus was crucified - for my sin! Absolutely WOW! Today, will that life-altering miracle change my course today?

No comments: