Sunday, November 12, 2006

Who's in Charge, Anyway?

"Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; and this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, since he has taunted the armies of the living God." And David said, "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." - 1 Samuel 17:36,37
David's going to kill the Philistine. There's no doubt in his mind, but his confidence comes from a strange source in the light of our modern times. Athletes of today, heroes to millions, go at it a bit differently, don't they?

Imagine David the golfer...

"It's about the training, you know, and I've trained against lions and bears for years. I'm ready both mentally and physically to take it to the next level, and I've got good equipment backing me. My coach has really had me working on my swing, and I'm at the point now where I'm confident that the rock will go where I'm aiming it."

If you're not bored already, read the rest here.

No comments: