Monday, April 07, 2014

Entitlement or Gratitude

Jesus was an amazing teacher. In Luke 17 Jesus was traveling and teaching as he went.

He talked about being a servant. And if you as a servant do as you are told, you should not expect a thank you - because it was your duty to do what you are instructed.

Then amazing event occurred. Ten lepers showed up. They wanted to be healed and Jesus granted their wish. One of them came back to thank Jesus.

It made me think of life in our world today. Do I expect or need thanks for things that God expects of me? And, do I give thanks to God for the many amazing blessings he pours out on me? Or am I much like one of the nine lepers?

May my life to day be a life of gratitude and service to the One who makes life possible and wonderfully worth living!

No comments: