Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Worship Team

Okay, so my worship team is on to lead worship this coming Sunday. And I love my team. I really appreciate their commitment, talents, spiritual heart, etc. I very much enjoy the team.

But now I have a problem. One of our key singers is busy with a wedding. Another gave birth to twins this week. Our drummer just found he will be gone for a week, and our other main drummers are not available. The music I planned would seem "empty" without a drummer.

My question today is... with these key parts missing, how can we effectively lead worship on Sunday? Will the music not be up to the expectations of the people (never mind the team)? And if not, will they enter into worship? Does our worship on Sunday really depend that much on the quality of the sound that comes from the worship team? (okay,that was more than one question).

If so, I wonder what it is that we worship?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE what you've said here, John... do you remember the conversation we had where you said you came here to improve the quality of our worship.. that bothered me then and so I am glad to see that you have asked this question... I believe what the word says "they that worship God must worship him in spirit and in truth" and I believe that to mean what you said about bowing down and serving.. we must bow down and we must serve him in TRUTH... it's not all about the band on sunday morning .. it's about what we do all week long... every day.It's about following the Spirit and living the truth..