Tuesday, January 05, 2010

What is worship?

Starting this coming Sunday, I am going to be teaching a Sunday School class on the subject of "What is worship?" I have not taught a SS class in a few years so I am looking forward to the challenge of preperation & teaching the class itself. During this time, I will endeavor to write some thoughts on worship on this blog.
Please feel free to respond or ask questions in the comments section.

When I think of worship, what comes to mind first? Well, I am associate pastor responsible for "worship." That leads me to think about worship as what we do on Sunday mornings when we gather at 'the church.' I certainly hope that we do worship at those events on Sunday morning. I wonder what it is that we worship when we are there?

There must be more to worship than what happens on Sunday morning! Lets join the journey of discovery as we look at what the Bible teaches and then put into practice what we learn.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I look forward to reading your thoughts. I agree, worship is not limitted to singing on Sundays!